A water main break has resulted in a Precautionary Drinking Water Advisory being issued in the Town of Cabri effective as of 7 a.m. this morning.
The Water Security Agency advisory highlights the precautionary measure was issued following a water main break which caused a system depressurization which meant drinking water supply safety could not be ensured.
As a precautionary measure Town of Cabri water users are advised to boil all water used for drinking purposes for at least one minute prior to usage.
Other precautionary measures include:
- Boil water to be used for other activities where it may be ingested, including:
a) brushing teeth or soaking false teeth;
b) washing fruits and vegetables;
c) food or drink which will not be subsequently heated;
d) ice cubes.
- Not drink from any public drinking fountains supplied with water from the public water supply.
- Ensure that younger children and infants are sponge bathed;
- Under most circumstances, there is no need to boil water used for other household purposes, such as laundry. Adults, adolescents and older children may shower, bathe or wash using tap water but should avoid swallowing the water. Dishes may be disinfected by washing in dishwashing machines that have a dry cycle or a final rinse that exceeds 45 Celsius for 20 minutes, 50 Celsius for five minutes, or 72 Celsius for one minute.
- Use an alternative water source known to be safe if you do not wish to boil your water.
- Consult with your physician if you have cuts or rashes that are severe before using the water.