A quick response helped the Swift Current Fire Department quickly extinguish a small cooking fire at a downtown Swift Current apartment early Friday morning.
Firefighters removed a burning pot from a stove and helped remove a resident from their suite after receiving the call at 3:40 a.m. The individual sustained minor smoke inhalation but had no other reported injuries. The fire was caused when a cooking pot was left unattended.
Firefighters remained at the scene to clear smoke out of the building. A total of five firefighters responded to the minor fire.