A 32-year-old Shaunavon man has been charged with assaults with a weapon and assault causing bodily harm after an assault at the Shaunavon Hotel on Sept. 21.
Shaunavon Ambulance personnel took a 27-year-old man to the Shaunavon hospital following the assault, and he was later air lifted to a Saskatoon Hospital.
No other details of the incident have been release.
Shaunavon RCMP also report a pair of other assault charges from the past week.
On Sept. 22, RCMP responded to a complaint of an assault in Bracken. A 59-year-old woman from Bracken was charged with assault as well as willful damage.
Then on Sept. 24, RCMP responded to a reported assault in Frontier. An investigation is currently underway in this incident.
Other items reported by the Shaunavon RCMP include:
- On Sept. 22, a sign was vandalized on the street next to Christ the King School. There were several broken beer bottles located in the vicinity as well. The matter is still under investigation.
- On. Sept. 23, Shaunavon RCMP responded to a complaint of an intoxicated female causing mischief to property in Climax. As a result a 21-year-old female was removed and taken into custody.
- Sometime between 6 p.m. on Sept. 22 and 8:30 a.m. on Sept. 24, thieves entered a number of vehicles parked on Elm Ave. in Eastend. A series of items were stolen, including a Sirius Satellite Radio.
- During the early morning hours of Sept. 22, someone tried to gain access to Charlie's Lunch on Red Coat Drive in Eastend. The front door of the business was damaged. A vehicle parked behind the building had its rear window smashed.
- During the early morning hours of Sept. 22, a group of trucks were racing and stunting in Eastend, causing excessive noise and causing damage to roads.
If you have information about these or any other crimes, contact your nearest RCMP Detachment. If you wish to remain anonymous Saskatchewan Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, *8477 on Sask-Tel Mobility, text TIP206 plus your message to CRIMES (274637) or submit a tip online at www.saskcrimestoppers.com.