By CAA Saskatchewan
Summer vacation is coming to an end and children will soon be returning to school. CAA Saskatchewan reminds drivers to slow down and to be extra aware of children on foot, on bicycles, near buses, in school zones, parks and playgrounds.
Here are some important tips for drivers:
- Slow down to the posted speed limit in school zones.
- Always stop for school buses that are loading or unloading students.
- Obey “No Stopping” zones in front of schools. Use designated drop-off and pick-up areas only.
- Watch for children darting out from between parked cars, school buses or buildings.
- Teach children to always stop, look both ways and listen before crossing the street; wait for the signal of the school safety patroller when crossing the street near schools.
- Be prepared to stop for safety patrols at intersections and crosswalks.